Hypnobirthing is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm and joy. Birthing should not be considered as an excruciatingly painful event which you just have to endure to get your baby – when a mother is properly prepared physically, mentally and emotionally, she will be able to remain deeply relaxed during birth and experience a more comfortable, gentle birth experience.
Women are made to have babies but, today, we are bombarded with images of birth as a medically managed and difficult event. Hypnobirthing restores our faith in nature’s way of birth and gives you the confidence to look forward to your birth.
A childbirth education program for every expectant mother- whether you are planning a natural childbirth or using medication at the time of birth. The key to a positive birth experience is preparation of the mind and body.
Hypnobirthing teaches women how to stay deeply relaxed and in control of their birth, reducing the need for pain relief and intervention, making birth a positive empowering experience. Using stress management and an array of techniques, HypnoBirthing teaches you that in the absence of fear and tension, severe discomfort does not have to be a natural accompaniment to the birthing process.
FOR DADS / BIRTH PARTNERS TOO!
Sometimes our dads and birth partners can be a little reluctant to come to hypnobirthing classes or even just a tiny bit cynical – I totally understand! I’m sure you must wonder why it would be useful for you to attend when it’s the pregnant mum who will be physically birthing baby? I really do get it.
Well, having worked with over 350 couples to date – I can assure you that you have a HUGE role that you can play in your baby’s birth and in pregnancy too. All you need is to come along to class with an open mind and you will get loads out of it. So many of the most amazing birth stories I receive from mums report the pivotal role baby’s dad played in supporting them through labour and birth.
- As an advocate for a calm, positive birth.
- As protector of the birth experience.
- As a real & practical support to help mum to access & remain in her zone of relaxation.
- As a practice buddy – helping mum to achieve relaxation and peace and helping her to access the correct birthing hormones that will be essential on your baby’s birthing day
To ensure that all couples attending have the best experience possible and that we maintain a really positive vibe throughout our time together – if you felt that the classes would not be of benefit to you / your partner for any reason, that is absolutely fine (hypnobirthing is not for everyone) and I would like to extend an invitation instead for mum to attend perhaps with a family member / friend /alone (or indeed another pregnant mama if you would like to!)
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier and more comfortable birth.
- To explode the myth that severe pain is a necessary accompaniment to labour.
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome.
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort.
- To create your body’s own natural anaesthesia, by learning to calm your mind .
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour without artificial chemical induction.
- A simple yet powerful massage technique which will ensure you are tapping into your positive birth hormones (instead of activating the negative, pain-causing ones!)
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without hard physical pushing.
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended.
The HypnoBirthing Advantages
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- There are significantly fewer caesareans and surgical births
- Teaches techniques which help mothers manage interventions when special circumstances arise
- Reduces greatly the risk of post-natal depression
- Can shorten the first phase of labour by up to 4 hours
- Reduces the risk of pelvic floor damage
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing so baby remains calm and safe
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Lowers the chances of a breech birth by learning how to ‘turn’ the baby into the correct position using posture and self-hypnosis
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labour
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- The birthing companion learns simple massage techniques to assist in the release of pain-numbing hormones
- The birth companion is taught how to physically and emotionally support the mother throughout labour and birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches powerfully effective breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation through shallow breathing methods
- Babies are more alert and content and subsequently sleep better and feed better